What a day! Thanks to the nearly 150 people that can out today to lend a hand in the Hunter Farm Community Build. We were able to make some incredible progress with everyone’s help. With everyone pitching in, we were able to:
- Build and paint 30 bird houses,
- Paint all of the tall poles on site,
- Build about 1/2 of the 20 movable benches,
- Start painting the banners (made from 2 donated sails),
- Begin preparing the planting beds,
- Cut the tall poles that were installed 2 weeks ago,
- Prepare holes for a pole fence in the NE corner of the site,
- and drink some Tully’s coffee.
Today (Day 2) is shaping up for another great day. One of our goals for the day is to get done with movable stage so a local bluegrass band, Artichoke Ridge, can perform from 6:30 – 8ish. All are welcome to come and enjoy!
Tomorrow (Day 3) will also be a fun day which will close with music on the stage by Podorhythmie, a French Canadian band. They’ll be playing on the stage from 7 to 8ish. Again, all are welcome.