Help celebrate spring by exploring and experiencing Celebrate Urban Nature at the Magnuson Community Center. This annual spring event, co-sponsored by the Magnuson Community Center and by Earthcorps, features family-friendly presentations, interactive booths and displays, art and nature activities, Nature Explorers Lab, and more: a fun-filled day, with admission $10 per family.
Date & Time: Saturday,April 12th from 10 AM to 1:30 PM
Location: Magnuson Community Center gym and auditorium
7110 62nd Ave NE, Seattle WA 98115
Fee: $10 per family/$3 per person
- 10:30 am Caspar Babypants sings nature songs in the Auditorium
- 11:30 am Reptile Show with Isaac Petersen, son of the reptileman
- 12:30 pm Raptor Presentation by Sarvey Wildlife Care Center
- 10:30am-1:30pm in the gym: The “Nature Explorers Science Lab” will be chock-full off hands-on adventures including wildlife tracks, pond water from the Magnuson Wetlands, birds and their nests, Magnuson’s fabulous dragonflies, how ants build their homes, where ladybugs go in the winter, and more!
- Animal Encounter’s Spring Petting Farm of Bunnies and Chicks, and their Exotic Live Bug Zoo,
- Don Ehlen’s Insect Safari
- PCC Natural Markets Kid Picks Mobile
- Just Frogs & Friends Amphibian Center
- Interactive booths from EarthCorps, NOAA, Seattle Audubon, Bats Northwest, MESA, Magnuson P-Patch & Children’s Garden, Washington Native Plant Society, & more.
- Test your “nature knowledge” and win prizes at our vast array of nature carnival games!
- Go on a “nature scavenger hunt” and play “wheelbarrow guess” for prizes in Magnuson Community Center’s Bird-friendly Landscape and Resource Conservation Landscape!