Being prepared for a disaster such as a major earthquake will reduce the impact that disaster has on our community. Here in Wedgwood, we have an Emergency Communications Hub located at Hunter Tree Farm at 7744 35th Ave NE. In the event of an emergency, the Hub is to be used by volunteers to pair together those who need help with those who can help. Are you ready?
We currently need volunteers who can learn how to run the Hub in the event of an actual emergency. We also need individuals who can help with:
- Outreach to let people, businesses and organizations know about the Hub
- Setting up social media for use in emergencies
- Promoting individual and block-level preparedness
- Creating web pages with emergency prep information/links
- Coordinating radio operators
- Setting up semi-annual drills
If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please email Bill Dock (firstname.lastname@example.org).