Last night the SDCI’s Northeast Design Review Board unanimously approved the proposed design for the townhome development at 2101 NE 88th Street, on the present site of University Trailer Park.
Monday’s design review meeting saw the resolution of several concerns raised during the previous meeting on November 21, 2016. At that time, the Design Review Board directed NK Architects to consider more options for the green spaces, pedestrian corridor, and exterior design features of the townhouses. The Wedgwood Community Council shared its concerns about the design — lack of open space, limited access to NE 88th Street, absence of a staircase at the western corner of the parcel, and lack of green space — in a public comment letter to SDCI earlier this week.
The newly-approved design proposal includes:
- 13% increase in open space
- 7% increase in planting area
- 44% increase in plantings adjacent or directly opposite pedestrian paths
- 30% increase in building separation at entry courts
- 3 fewer buildings, 2 fewer units total
- Shed roofs and fin walls delineating individual townhomes