Join your neighbors for a fun night of food and music at the 2017 Wedgwood Community Picnic! This year’s picnic will take place on Saturday, September 16 from 3:00-7:00 p.m. at Hunter Tree Farm.
Like last year, the picnic will feature food trucks, local music, and activities for kids. This year’s picnic will also include a 21+ beer garden. We’re excited to be working with Hellbent Brewing Company to bring their craft beers — Oktoberfest Marzen and Hop & Oats Pale — to our event, with Schilling Hard Cider to provide their Lumberjack cider, and with The Growler Guys to tend the beer garden. We’re still looking for cashiers, barbacks, and gatekeepers for the beer garden, so reach out if you can help.
Food trucks from Dante’s Inferno Dogs, Tacos El Guero, Alaskan Dumplings, and The Cookie Counter will have something for everyone. Don’t forget to leave room for a free shave ice from the Sublime Corn folks!
Songs for Seeds will kick off the musical performances at 3:15 p.m., and will have instruments for the kids to join the band. Local band The Civilians will perform at 5:00 p.m.
Lots of local businesses and organizations will also be at the picnic, including:
- Alex Pedersen, creator of the “4 to Explore” newsletter
- Andrew Franklin, DDS
- Christopher Robin & Friends Preschool
- De-Escalate Washington
- Edward Jones
- Fiddler’s Inn
- HomeStreet Bank
- LEAD (Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion)
- NE Seattle Tool Library
- NEST (North East Seattle Together)
- Rebuilding Together Seattle
- Seattle City Councilmember Debora Juarez’s office
- Seattle City Councilmember Rob Johnson’s office
- Seattle City Council Position 8 candidate Jon Grant’s office
- Seattle City Council Position 8 candidate Teresa Mosqueda’s office
- Seattle City Council Position 9 candidate Pat Murakami’s office
- Seattle City Light
- Seattle Department of Neighborhoods
- Seattle Mayoral candidate Cary Moon’s office
- Seattle Mayoral candidate Jenny Durkan’s office
- SPACE 101.1 FM, broadcasting soon from Magnuson Park
- Spanish In Seattle
- Sustainable Seattle
- Thornton Creek Alliance
- Voter Registration
- Wedgwood Drama Studio
- Wedgwood Garden Club
- Westside Spine
- Wild Smiles Face Painting
- Windermere Wedgwood office
Wedgwood Community Council volunteers will also be on hand to talk about what’s happening in the neighborhood and to sign up new or renewing members.
The WCC will be hosting picnic planning parties weekly leading up to the event. If you would like to get involved with planning or volunteering at September’s event, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.