The time has finally come! The Trees for Neighborhoods application period is now open.
By participating in Trees for Neighborhoods, you receive:
- Help selecting the right tree and planting location
- Free trees (up to 4 per household, lifetime max of 6)
- A watering bag & mulch for each tree
- Training on proper planting and care
- Assistance applying for street tree planting permits
- Ongoing care reminders and future pruning workshop opportunities
- Tree delivery & planting assistance if you need physical help or lack access to a vehicle
- Street tree evaluations for the first couple of years to let you know how your trees are doing
To be eligible, you must be planting the trees in the city of Seattle. For more information (including available species, pickup dates, and frequently asked questions) and to apply visit the Trees for Neighborhoods webpage. The application period will close on Monday, August 14.