The 35th Ave NE Project Outreach Team provided the following update on Thursday, June 7.
Construction for the 35th Ave NE Project is scheduled to begin June 11 in Zone A (between NE 45th and NE 55th streets). Crews will begin with storm drain work, sidewalk repair, and curb ramp replacement in select locations. Street parking will be restricted in this area to provide room for crews to safely and efficiently complete the work. Repaving the road in Zone A will begin in the coming months.
Upcoming weekday work beginning June 11
Zone A – Surveying, storm drain, and sidewalk work
Beginning next week, you’ll see survey crews throughout the area. Crews will repair storm drains on NE 45th Pl between University View Pl NE and NE 47th St. Crews will also begin curb ramp and sidewalk work on the west side of 35th Ave NE and NE 45th Pl.
During this work you can expect:
- Normal work hours from 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday – Friday
- On-street parking restrictions in Zone A south of NE 55th St (no-parking signs will be placed 3-days in advance of closures, please read signs for details to avoid being ticketed or towed)
- Limited turns to / from 35th Ave NE and NE 45th Pl in Zone A (some side streets will be local access only with intermittent closures near the work zone – people driving may need to use an adjacent arterial like NE 55th St during closures)
- Sidewalk closures around work zones (please follow posted detours)
- Vehicle lane shifts around work zones (we’ll keep 1 lane open in each direction)
- Construction noise, dust, and vibrations, including loud noise as crews cut and remove parts of the sidewalk
We know construction can be disruptive and we’ll work to minimize impacts and get the work done efficiently. We’ll maintain pedestrian access to homes and businesses at all times. Please continue to eat, shop, and visit 35th throughout construction!
Construction work zones
We’ve divided the project area into 3 work zones. Crews may work in multiple zones at once, but these work areas will help you know what, when, and where major work is happening.
- Zone A: NE 45th St to NE 55th St (including coordination with 25th Ave NE Paving Project)
- Zone B: NE 55th St to NE 65th St (no paving work, only street restriping)
- Zone C: NE 65th St to NE 89th St
About the project
You can find more background about this project on our webpage, including how the new street design will better organize the street to improve safety for everyone. In addition to paving, this project includes:
- Parking consolidated to east side of the street and peak-hour parking restrictions removed
- Bike lanes as designated in the Bike Master Plan
- Some bus stop improvements and consolidating stops to improve speed and reliability
- Curb ramp upgrades and sidewalk repair in select locations
Please forward this email to those you think will be interested and encourage your neighbors, customers, or tenants to sign up on our webpage to receive construction updates by email.
We’re coordinating with other projects in your neighborhood to minimize impacts. See the links below to learn more about these projects.
- 25th Ave NE Paving Project
Visit: the project webpage
- NE 65th St Vision Zero Project
Visit: the project webpage
35th Ave NE Project Outreach Team
Seattle Department of Transportation
Construction information line: (206) 512-3950