- Implement land-use related recommendations within the Vision Plan and pursue a long-range neighborhood plan in cooperation with the community and City.
- Provide a location for Wedgwoodians to share proposed or potential project information and community land use updates.
- Proactively engage land owners and developers to ensure potential projects are consistent with the Vision Plan.
In the process of implementing the Vision Plan, the WCC’s Land Use Committee initiated a proactive citizen-led planning effort for 35th Ave NE. As the 35th Ave NE business district extends beyond the Wedgwood neighborhood boundaries, per the WCC bylaws, the scope of this planning required a broader community involvement. This led to the formation of the 35th Ave Committee, a group of citizens from Wedgwood, Ravenna, Bryant, View Ridge, and Hawthorne Hills, which has overseen the proactive planning for 35th Ave NE.
The 35th Ave Plan, which is the product of this citizen-led planning process and significant community feedback, accompanies the Vision Plan in articulating the desired condition for future redevelopment within the Wedgwood neighborhood and along the 35th Ave NE corridor.
The 35th Ave Plan, which has been endorsed by the WCC and Ravenna-Bryant Community Association, includes streetscape design guidelines (street concept plan), supplemental design guidelines, and zoning recommendations for the 35th Ave NE business district. At the request of the 35th Ave Committee, the Seattle Department of Planning & Development will begin a Legislative Rezone of 35th Ave NE in 2015/2016 and will review the zoning recommendations developed by the community.
The WCC’s Land Use Committee is an active group of Wedgwoodians. We encourage developers to engage with us early to improve predictability in proposed project. We strongly encourage future developers, designers, and architects to comply with the streetscape guidelines and supplemental design guidelines within the 35th Ave Plan to the greatest extent practical when developing a redevelopment project proposal.
If you have Wedgwood land use information or tips, please email » the Land Use Committee. We seek interested persons to continue interacting with the community for the desired land use goals.
The following is a far-from-comprehensive list of land use documents and resources that pertain to Wedgwood and the City at large.
- Wedgwood Vision Plan
- Future of 35th Ave NE Website
- Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
- Seattle Planning Commission
- Seattle Planning, Land Use, and Sustainability Committee (PLUS Committee)
- Zoning Maps
- Seattle Comprehensive Plan, which is in the midst of a major revision.
- Seattle Right-of-Way Improvement Manual, which is in the midst of a major revision.
- Northeast Design Review Board
- City Wide Design Guidelines (2013)
- Transportation Strategic Plan
- Pedestrian Master Plan
- Bicycle Master Plan
- Hunter Farm Gathering Place