The WCC is a 501c4 not-for-profit organization entirely driven by volunteer trustees and community members with the concerns of Wedgwood residents and businesses as its sole focus. Your donations are important for maintaining a thriving neighborhood council that strengthens our community.
What are your monetary donations used for?
- Pursue grants and other funds to improve Wedgwood through such projects as the Hunter Farm Gather Place and the Picnic Place.
- Work with the community and Seattle Parks and Recreation to acquire and develop a new park for north Wedgwood.
- Advocate for needed street and Greenway improvements by interacting with the City of Seattle Transportation Department.
- Maintain a thriving land use committee to proactively work with developers while carrying out the principles and priorities of the Vision Plan and the Future of 35th Ave NE Plan.
- Advocate for new sidewalks and pedestrian safety improvements.
- Support the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan for the community.
- Maintain the Wedgwood Community Council website and distribute the periodic e-newsletters, called the Wedgwood Echo, with events and info.
- Support annual community events, such as Spring Clean, Emergency Preparedness, and the October Trick-or-Treat in the business district.
- Provide a forum for community concerns and help Wedgwoodians link up with City resources.
Donations are critical to maintain a healthy and thriving community council.
If you prefer to mail a check to us, please send it to:
Wedgwood Community Council
PO BOX 15770
Seattle, WA 98115