This year’s PLANET:HOME festival will feature many exciting things that weren’t at last year’s wildly successful festival, such as
- Converted electric cars, bikes and scooters;
- Zero-Energy Model Home;
- Alternative currency presentation;
- Community solar project,
- Repurposing clothing ideas, and
- Emergency Preparedness Presentation.
In addition to those new things the community will have the opportunity to learn and get light bike repair, have tools sharpened, see cheese making, talk to urban farmers on a variety of topics like: compost, food forests, raising ducks, etc., see demos of solar cooking, participate in a community art project, get some plant starts, listen to local musicians and much, much more.
2011 Speaker Stage schedule:
- 10:30-11:30 Francis Ayley of Fourth Corner Exchange in Bellingham, Fourth Corner Orientation
- 11:30-12:30 Lisa Taylor of Seattle Tilth- Your Farm in the City
- 12:30-1:30 Candy Castellanos, Cleanscapes, Reduce Your Waste!
- 1:30-2:30 Marion Maxwell, Puget Sound Mycological Society
- 2:30-3:30 Jenny Pell, Permaculture Now!
- 3:30-4:30 Joel Gregory, King County Housing Authority, Energy Efficiency Throughout the Home
Urban Farmers Community Conversation Circles in the Garden (Topics-Raising Ducks, Growing Medicinal Herbs, Container Gardening, Rainwater Catchment, Compost/wormbins and soil improvements, and edible food forest gardening.)
Sustainable Kitchen Community Conversation Circles (foraging, cheese making, fermenting, medicinals, setting up a sustainable kitchen, and making a community kitchen work.)
Don’t forget to bring your bikes to repair, tools to sharpen, clothes you are thinking of redesigning, and plant starts to swap!
Download the PLANET:HOME flyer and share with your friends (HERE).