The following is a description of how you can get involved in North East Seattle Together (NEST) as they continue to ensure community members are able to live safely and confidently in their homes as they grow older. You can learn more about NEST and other opportunities with the organization here.
NEST is currently seeking enthusiastic, responsible, collaborative individuals who are eager to engage in ensuring that NEST is a vibrantly thriving organization. As the governing board for a small, emerging nonprofit organization, each board member is expected to play an active role on the board. NEST offers clearly defined expectations and a promise that your contribution of time, expertise, and support will make a tangible difference in our neighbors’ abilities to age well in the homes they love.
NEST Board of Director responsibilities include:
• Setting high level vision, policy, and guidelines
• Supervising and evaluating operations in a financially sound, ethical, and forward-thinking manner
• Representing NEST in the community and building enthusiasm for NEST’s programs and services
• Promoting attendance at NEST’s programs and events
• Actively participating in board meetings and committees
How to Apply: We encourage all interested persons to contact us for additional information. A brief resume or biographical sketch is helpful, and check out the NEST website, www.nestseattle.org, if you are interested in reviewing our current board of directors.
NEST Board Development Committee co-chairs:
• Jeanne Carpenter — firstname.lastname@example.org
• Leslie Phillips — email@example.com