Construction is moving slower than anticipated on the NE 95th St Sidewalk Project, due in part to a few weather delays. The latest project update from the Seattle Department of Transportation notes that work should wrap up in late March or early April, while an on-site project sign says that work will be complete in May.
SDOT detailed the remaining work and estimated completion dates as follows:
- Drainage work continues throughout the project area. We expect this work to last through at least March 13.
- Crews will begin pouring concrete as early as March 17. They will begin by forming and pouring the curb and gutter along the length of NE 95th St. Curb and gutter is the first step of building new sidewalk.
- As early as March 20, crews will begin grading for sidewalk and driveway construction. We anticipate sidewalk and curb ramps before driveways, as soon as March 27.
- We expect driveway construction will begin as early as March 30. We’ll follow up with homeowners individually to share a sequencing update and provide notification for driveway impacts in advance of this work.
- The landscaping work will follow completion of sidewalk and driveway construction, as early as April 4.
You can sign up for construction updates via email at https://el2.envirolytical.com/registration/form/25727.
If you have specific access needs or concerns during construction, contact SDOT by emailing PedestrianImprovements4@seattle.gov or by calling (206) 684-4747.