Launched in September 2009, the Wedgwood Community Council received a Small & Simple Matching Grant from the Department of Neighborhoods to pursue shared values and a community vision related to future growth and development in Wedgwood. With the grant, Wedgwood contracted MAKERS Architecture + Urban Planning to assist the WCC in distilling communities values and goals into a formal document.
This Vision Plan was released to the community on a perfect summer evening in July 2010. The Wedgwood View blog captures the evening and the process well in this article. Neighbors gathered outdoors on the Wedgwood Presbyterian “south lot” for ice-cream, a copy of the Vision Plan hot off the press, and brief presentations.
Mary Beth O’Neill, a Wedgwood Vision Project steering committee member, kicked off the meeting and read a statement from Kurt Westman, president of the WCC. Vision Plan chair, Randy Barnett, gave an overview of the process that led to the plan and then John Owen from MAKERS Architecture + Urban Design facilitated a Q&A session. Randy closed the meeting with a discussion of next steps, emphasizing that the plan is only a beginning and encouraging attendees to dig into projects they are passionate about.
Download your copy of the Vision Plan related documents:
Vision Plan (.PDF/3.3 MB)
Wedgwood Vision Plan Blog (HTML link)
2010 Wedgwood Community Survey
- Thanks to the nearly 800 community members who completed it!
January 10, 2010 Meeting Results
- Dot Exercise Results Summary (.PDF/0.1 MB)
- Dot Exercise Data (.PDF/0.1 MB)
- Mapping Exercise Results Summary – Text (.PDF/0.1 MB)
- Mapping Exercise Results Summary – Map (.PDF/0.4 MB)
- Mapping Results – Commercial (.PDF/0.5 MB)
- Mapping Results – Transportation (.PDF/0.5 MB)
- Mapping Results – Green Space (.PDF/0.4 MB)
April 10, 2010 Meeting Results